The ScreenChip™ System
Synchronize and Associate Visual Phenotypes with Feeding Behavior
To understand the mechanisms of action of your proteins or drugs, it is important to understand the behaviors (social behaviors, reward behaviors, sickness behaviors, and avoidance behaviors) of overall worm populations as well as phenotypes (specific phenotypes such as unc, dpy, dumpy, RNAi, and blister) that reveal the underlying cellular and molecular forces in action. The ScreenChip™ System, along with the WMicrotracker System, allow you to get in-depth understanding of worm behavior.
The ScreenChip™ System, a C. elegans visual screening and phenotyping platform allows you to associate visual phenotypes with feeding behavior.
• Measure, visualize and analyze the neuromuscular aspects of feeding behavior
• Assess the neuronal and physiological responses to drugs, aging, genetic modifications or environmental changes (Fig. 1 & 2)
• Perform multiple phenotyping analyses at once, i.e., morphology, fluorescence, defecation, and feeding behavior while your worm is immobilized in the chip
• Eliminate experimenter’s bias and get more reproducible data
- No mounting and single-worm manipulation
- No previous C. elegans experience required
- Automated data collection and analysis
Video perfectly synchronized with EPG traces
What exactly wrong is with my worm? Data output from the ScreenChip System
Select What you want to see
Aging phenotypes observed as changes in EPG trace
2. Disease Modeling
Humanized worm recapitulates function and physiology
3. Compound Testing
Visualize whole-worm pharmocological effects via EPG
The ScreenChipTM System can also be used in the field of toxicology to quantify adverse effects of chemical substances (e.g., environmental pollutants, drugs) on living organisms.
The story behind the ZEG
Dr. Raheel Samuel, the co-founder of wFluidx which built the ZEG joined us on 17 Minutes of Science to talk more about the ZEG and his work developing tools for zebrafish research.
|SKC101A, SKC102A||ScreenChip System *||1|
|SC10, SC20, SC30, SC40, SC60, SCX1, SX99||ScreenChip Cartridges||Box of 10|
|WREC01||Worm Recovery Kit||1|
* The ScreenChip System includes:
• 1 ScreenChip System
• 1 HD camera (monochrome or color)
• 1 C-mount or CS-mount microscope adapter
• 1 cable set
• Data acquisition and data analysis software license
• Free software updates
• Chip sampler