Binding affinity measurement
using microfluidic diffusional sizing (MDS)
• In-solution, binding affinity measurement using microfluidic diffusional sizing
• Low sample requirement — Just 5μl per sample
• High reproducibility and accuracy (even at low concentrations)
• Easy-to-use interface and consumable management
• Disposable single use chips and contained waste minimize risk of cross
contamination between measurements and reduce cleaning and setup
Simple processes — Prepare, plug, play
The minimal sample prep, easy-to-use design and wide dynamic range means you will spend less time setting up, and more time generating the data you need.
Look at the hard stuff
Solution state measurement coupled with high sensitivity means you can study proteins that are problematic for other systems including membrane proteins, multi-protein complexes, and intrinsically disordered proteins.
Study proteins without hassle
Work in crude biological mixtures with minimal preparation, while controlling for off-target binding. Gain valuable insights at the earliest possible stage.
1. Analyse Protein Interactions in Complex Backgounds
Study protein-protein, protein-DNA and protein-lipid interactions in biological mixtures such as crude lysates of blood plasma. No surface binding means no artefacts so you can study proteins in near native state with no risk of non-specific binding.
2. Quantifying Stiochiometry of Protein Complexes
In the process of calculating the binding affinity of an interaction the Fluidity One-W provides the hydrodynamic radius (Rh) of both the unbound labelled species and the complex. The hydrodynamic radius can be used to infer the stoichiometry of the protein complex and the overall conformational arrangement in solution.
3. How does the Fluidity One-W compare to other techniques
There is a number of other techniques that are currently used to determine protein binding affinity, all with their own strengths and weaknesses, the Fluidity One-W is no different. We believe it should be a tool in your arsenal to compliment other methods, but you need to know how it compares to the other techniques.
Disposable Microfluidic Chips
Single-use injection molded chips for use with the Fluidity One-W.
The chips are designed to house the microfluidic channels to ensure reliability and reproducibility of results.
The microfluidic chips for the fluidity One-W are sold as part of a consumable pack with reagent cartridges. These packs come in 2 sizes:
• Small – 4 chip boxes (total 96 chips) and one reagent cartridge.
• Medium – 12 chip boxes (total 288 chips) and 3 reagent cartridges.
Fluidity One disposible microfluidic chips are bundled with sufficient reagents cartridges for the number of chips you order. These cartridges contain everything you need to perform Microfluidic Diffusional Sizing on the Fluidity One–W and Fluidity One-W Serum.